Poem for a friend
After last post's lovely poem from John McCrae, here is one of my own hand. It's not exactly recent, but it's one of my own favourites. I wrote it four years ago for a very dear friend of mine. This poem will always be his, but if you have a friend that needs comfort, then feel free to pass it on.
When summer turns suddenly autumn
and the icy winds start to blow
You follow the long lonely road
cause there's no other way to go
All the surroundings have got blurred
and the rain cries along with you
In the distance behind the horizon
the sun is setting out of view
The sea is wild and stormy
there's lightning on the waves
And life as she moves on
leaves behind her too many graves
If I were an angel I'd leave heaven
to guide you on your way
If I were a star I'd give you warmth
to brighten this sorrowful day
If I were a dove I'd fly for you
as a messenger to other spheres
I wish I could make you a reality
with no more pain and tears
But I am just a friend,
and through this poem I try to share
A little of the hurt
And show you that
I care...
and the icy winds start to blow
You follow the long lonely road
cause there's no other way to go
All the surroundings have got blurred
and the rain cries along with you
In the distance behind the horizon
the sun is setting out of view
The sea is wild and stormy
there's lightning on the waves
And life as she moves on
leaves behind her too many graves
If I were an angel I'd leave heaven
to guide you on your way
If I were a star I'd give you warmth
to brighten this sorrowful day
If I were a dove I'd fly for you
as a messenger to other spheres
I wish I could make you a reality
with no more pain and tears
But I am just a friend,
and through this poem I try to share
A little of the hurt
And show you that
I care...

2 Comments:
Such a lovely poem!
I'm sure that friend of yours was very pleased with it.
Hi Helena
This is such a beautiful poem... I almost cried. You are a true friend aren't you? That is so nice to hear that people still care about each other and show that in a true friendship.
Post a Comment
<< Home