The mental journey home
After a great week in the Slovenian mountains, another (also great, even though I had to miss the mountains) week as an organiser on our BEST Career Event, a lovely ball with the 'Unifac' student union in Antwerp, and a day to crash after all the (some practically, some totally) sleepless nights, I am back home and online again.
Although travelling from one event to the other is great fun and gives a kick at the time, there is one great disadvantage to it... the fact that you do not have time to enjoy the 'sink in' of the first event before going to the next. I have experienced this symptom a couple of times before and it leaves me, like now, feeling slightly lost and disoriented. The feeling you have when your thoughts don't know where to go first, your mind doesn't know where to start sorting all the memories and you just end up missing everybody and everything... a lot.
One day and night of sleep might be enough to recover from the physical journey home, in the end it just brings us to the point, not where we end, but where we start the mental journey home.
Give me two more days, and I'll be all yours again!
Although travelling from one event to the other is great fun and gives a kick at the time, there is one great disadvantage to it... the fact that you do not have time to enjoy the 'sink in' of the first event before going to the next. I have experienced this symptom a couple of times before and it leaves me, like now, feeling slightly lost and disoriented. The feeling you have when your thoughts don't know where to go first, your mind doesn't know where to start sorting all the memories and you just end up missing everybody and everything... a lot.
One day and night of sleep might be enough to recover from the physical journey home, in the end it just brings us to the point, not where we end, but where we start the mental journey home.
Give me two more days, and I'll be all yours again!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home