Exit 2006
Happy 2007!!!!
Hello friends! Just a short post from me to wish you all a happy New Year! Over here in Egypt it's already been 2007 for a full hour while most of you are still living in 2006.
To be honest 2007 could have started better, but hey, there's still 364 more days to come :-)
No, basically, Stino, you'll be happy to hear that we're not celebrating New Year here either. Not all of us in any case. Some unlucky ones, like me, have to do a kind of practical test tomorrow that starts in the morning and lasts 12 hours and needs lots of preparation, so that's what I've been doing today. So no days off for NY here. We had a day off the day before yesterday though, for the moslim feast 'Eid'. We had a BBQ with lamb and went into Alex(andria) to relax and smoke shi-sha afterwards. I hunted all around some shops looking for Egyptian jewellery but didn't find what I'm looking for yet (and I know what I'm looking for ;-) ).
Who knows, maybe this year?
Hello friends! Just a short post from me to wish you all a happy New Year! Over here in Egypt it's already been 2007 for a full hour while most of you are still living in 2006.
To be honest 2007 could have started better, but hey, there's still 364 more days to come :-)
No, basically, Stino, you'll be happy to hear that we're not celebrating New Year here either. Not all of us in any case. Some unlucky ones, like me, have to do a kind of practical test tomorrow that starts in the morning and lasts 12 hours and needs lots of preparation, so that's what I've been doing today. So no days off for NY here. We had a day off the day before yesterday though, for the moslim feast 'Eid'. We had a BBQ with lamb and went into Alex(andria) to relax and smoke shi-sha afterwards. I hunted all around some shops looking for Egyptian jewellery but didn't find what I'm looking for yet (and I know what I'm looking for ;-) ).
Who knows, maybe this year?

2 Comments:
haha,nu ben ik ook eens eerst. En op nieuwjaar nog wel. Heel veel succes zusje. K hoop dat die test goed gaat (tuurlijk gaat dat lukken, strever ;)) en tot snel.
alex
ps. k heb ook wel zin in BBQ eigenlijk.
HiHelena!
Happy newyear! Too bad you guys did not make it here. But we had a great time anyways! you are very welcome to come over!
Yuki and Joeri
Post a Comment
<< Home