It's raining!
Yes that's right! There's an amazing thunderstorm here right now and the rain is pouring from the roof in bucketfulls. The whole terrain is flooding over because Egypt is not used to weather like this. I was outside just a minute ago watching it and one of my Arab friends here told me they have weather like this each year around Januari - Februari. And it may last for a week. That's good hope for our practical exercise starting tomorrow... We'll be soaked!
Well, it's been ages since I last posted. And I've done SO MUCH in the meantime. I've been to hospital twice, seen the pyramids, seen the new library in Alex, but most importantly: I've been cruising up the Nile!!!!
Well, it's been ages since I last posted. And I've done SO MUCH in the meantime. I've been to hospital twice, seen the pyramids, seen the new library in Alex, but most importantly: I've been cruising up the Nile!!!!
Last week we had three days off and me and four others flew to Luxor, saw some temples and graves (all VERY impressive...) and then rented a little boat which took us up the Nile to Aswan. It was a two day boat trip and it was SO NICE. We had a captain and a cook and the captains little son, and all we had to do was lie in the sun on the roof and float along and see some temples along the Nile from time to time. We also swam in the Nile!!!! Quite safe because there's no crocodiles anymore below the Aswan dam. And then from Aswan we started our 18 hour train journey home. I've got to start preparing my practical now, and do another project as well. It's really hard getting back into the swing of work after three glorious days of freedom :-)
I have over 1000 pictures at the moment, whoever wants to come to visit me in Belgium in March can get to see a slideshow of them :-)
I'll post more pictures here later as well, but in the meantime: here's a teaser:
I have over 1000 pictures at the moment, whoever wants to come to visit me in Belgium in March can get to see a slideshow of them :-)
I'll post more pictures here later as well, but in the meantime: here's a teaser:
In front of the temple of Hatsjepsout with three of my friends. Nationalities from left to right: Scottish, Belgian (obviously), Columbian and Indian. Add one Algerian girl and our little group is complete.
This is a bar (called 'The English bar opposite the Hilton') in Luxor. We took a horse cart (our main mean of land transport during our trip) to get there. It's the craziest bar I've ever been in. You see those fake fish on the table? Well the table itself is an aquarium with real fish in it. The owner also had a HUGE and beautiful dog. It would pose like a sfinx and allow you to take pictures with it. We thought this place was totally weird when we entered, but when we left about 4? 5? 6? ... hours later, we were all in love with it ;-) (oh yeah, and they had Baileys! My favourite!)
OUR little boat on the Nile! We moored it here by this sandy island to spend the night. Before sleeping (I think if you look closely you can see some of my friends sleeping in the boat) we had a campfire:It was amazing. Probably the shortest but most intensely enjoyable holiday I ever had :-)


5 Comments:
Het is inderdaad een prachtige foto. (jealous...)
Hmm, moet ik toch maar eens van job veranderen. Hebben jullie elektronica ingenieurs nodig?
Wel oppassen met dat zwemmen in de Nijl. Toen ik in Egypte was, waarschuwden ze ons voor parasieten in het Nijlwater.
Veel plezier nog daar!
Amai, zo'n mooie foto!
Niet vergeten: wij gaan ook eens een boottochtje maken hé. Een kano mag ook. En het hoeft niet meteen de Nijl te zijn. Maar toch... Beloofd is beloofd.
Trouwens: zitten er daar geen nijlpaarden, en zijn die niet gevaarlijk?
Hi Helena! Ik geef het op.. your brother is TOO FAST in adding comments to your website.. HE is just on it all the time I guess.. I think he is secretly a hacker, using his Hacking tricks to autopost!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!
);
Estoy tan aburrido aqui en el aeropuerto q decidi dejar este wamensaje...
al menos tendras un poco de tiempo para traducirlo? esperaremos a ver si al menos lo notas... no es q se vea muy actualizado el blog.
bueno de todas formas te dejo un pista por si quieres mi numero de tele en colombia... 2465257 el numero es el fijo de mi casa en Bogota... mas facil pa donde
yoou didn't give the euros, I cannot give you the call (from Madrid)
Post a Comment
<< Home