Saturday, October 20, 2007

Edinburgh aka party marathon

I spent the first two weeks of October in Edinburgh, for another job-related technical training school. I had loads of fun there with a bunch of cool collegues, needless to say, from all over the world :-) We got to know the beautiful city of Edinburgh inside-out, though mostly by night...
So, looking through my pictures now, I realize they're all the same kind of party-people pictures. I'm sorry! Next time I'll take some more touristy ones and not only get the camera out after the cider's been ordered. But let me share these ones with you anyway.

Here's me in the hotel lobby, with a sparkly-light night-time Edinburgh in the background. Our hotel was right by the river and close to both the Royal Mile and Prince's Street. And they brought chocolate cookies to the rooms! So no complaints :-)

Behold two red telephone boots! Just like in London. We ran into them after our first night out, and stopped to take some pictures. There was an equally red letterbox nearby too. Love those British city details!

Never change a good plan: start the evening with a pitcher of long-island-ice-tea ;-)
It wasn't mine in fact, I stuck to cider and wiskey. The latter of which I basically made myself drink, being afterall in Scotland. In fact, a couple of days into the course I pretty much totally lost my voice, and I have to say, warm wiskey with lemon juice and cloves and suger is an excellent remedy!


Later, that same evening...


The very first night, after desperately trying to find food after 9 pm (which is the goldon rule in Italy, but clearly doesn't work in any other country), I ended up in a little pub with live music called 'The Scotchman's Lounge'. We went there a second time, and some of our guys picked up some local chicks there, so we kept coming back. Some for the music, some for the girls.

In case of fire in The Scotchman's Lounge, this is where to go!

Sunday was our day off, and me and a friend went up to Aberdeen to visit another friend both of us knew from our months in Egypt. We had a little Egypt-reunion in the cold North-Sea air.

Aberdeen itself is a really cute town, by the way. With nice pubs!


Back to Edinburgh, and back to parties. Anybody recognise this coctail? The picture was taken before balancing the little glasses on top of the other ones.



If you walk down the Royal Mile, you end up at the foot of an old vulcano. These two pics were taken on our climb to the top. Unfortunately my camera went out of battery before we got there, cuz the view from the top is very nice! So three of us climbed to the top and then spent more than an hour enjoying the view of Edinburgh by night and the sea, while having a vivid discussion about sex and relationships. I guess that's the kind of thing you do when you're twenty-something years old.

Then back down to party some more:

This picture is especially for those of you who complain about my picture-grinn. Here you go!

Did we get fed-up partying? Yes, we did (but not for long), so we went bowling:


and carting:

Needless to say I lost at both...

All the clubs and bars in Edinburgh are really fancy and well taken care of. I didn't get much shots inside as, obviously, dancing is more important than taking pictures, but here's one bar where they served absynthe and some of my friends got really drunk:


We had our class dinner somewhere towards the end of the course:

Any chance to dress up a bit fancy is happily welcome! (I guess I'm not a typical engineer...)

And then there were some more parties...

... and laughs, and fun, and haggis (typical Scottish dish, I like it!), and dancing, and rugby at the Sports Bar (hate that place!), and Jungle Speed (very nice when implemented as a drinking game), and dinners, and walks through Edinburgh, and interesting trainings (though hard to stay awake sometimes), and hugs, and nice nice memories :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home