Saturday, September 01, 2007

Quick catch-up post

Woops, it's been ages again!
That's a good sign in a way, means I'm busy running around doing lots of stuff :-)
On the other hand you guys miss out on updates, so here's a catch up post.
My summer's been great, the activity in my work industry was quite low, so I've had a very 'normal' lifestyle the past months, especially July. You know, 9 to 5 (ok, 6, or 7 ...) and time to sleep at night :-) Anyway, you know me, I was starting to miss the extreme so compensated by enjoying a bit of the beach club nightlife. It's quite perfect when it's so warm outside. Thanks for those of you that made it to visit me here, especially cuz I know it's hard when I can't promise beforehand if I'll be around for sure!
Apart from my work-life-vacation mix here in la bella Italia, and a weekend in Belgium to see my family, that's been pretty much it. Hope to have more vacation in 2008 so I can travel around Europe again a bit like in those good old student days, and catch up f2f on a bunch of you :-)
Anyway, picture time! All the funny party pictures are on a friend's camera, so here's some pictures from WORK =D Or rather, from some areas in Italy where I've been working this summer:

This is me before the summer started (take note: not tanned), looking tired after a job in the South of Italy, in the mountains in an area called Basilicata.


On arrival to our worksite there we found this note, saying in misspelt Italian: 'I'll be back soon, I've gone to the toilet'. We found out later where the toilet was, as we saw the man who'd left the note emerge from the bushes.

In June I did a job in the North of Italy, close to a lovely little town called Crema. This is the view looking up from a good plate of Italian food.

The past two weeks I've been to a place really really close here in Abruzzo. This is a lake in a national park which is just a 1 hour drive from where I live. Isn't it lovely?

And finally this is a very recent picture of me, just to prove to you all that it is possible for me to get tanned!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stino said...

"Time to sleep at night"?
Yeah, right!

Geniet maar van je luilekkerleventje daar.

Stino, die eindelijk ook eens van het concept work-life-vacation mix kan proeven op een conferentie volgende week.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gelukkig is het weer daar beter dan hier in Belgiƫ, want hier valt helemaal niet veel te bruinen.

Hopelijk heb je nog even een rustig werktempo om van de mooie zomerdagen te genieten.

groeten,

Thomas

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeey, the obsidian necklace! :)

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I like the last picture! Ik heb echt al lang niet op je site gekeken.. En ik heb mijn site ook al lang niet bijgewerkt.. Toevallig gisteren een beetje, maar niet veel fotos bij gedaan...

Vertrek vanaaf weer naar Kopenhagen. We reizen ook maar wat af he... (;

Laat weten wanneer je weer in de regio bent ok.. Al moet je dan natuurlijk wel even zeggen welke regio......

TC Joeri

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home