Coming up soon: hottest day of the year!
Pfiew, it does get hot here in summer. Just got into work this morning and the thermometer in the car was reading 36.5 degC. Prognosis for today: 45 degC in the shade! They say it's going to be the hottest day of the year...
Well, where on earth do we start? Kind of hard to see Rome in one day! We walked our share of kilometers and ate our share of ice-cream, that's for sure!
Constantin's arch up close. Beautiful!
Amazing how they built this new(er) house on top of the old arches. This is not the only example I've seen in Rome. I guess pretty much of the city has old foundations like this.
I've got mixed feelings, I love this heat, though I hate it for work. But it's gorgeous to be partying at an open beach club in the middle of the night with 28 deg minimum, which is something I've been doing pretty often lately. Yep, I definitely do prefer it anytime to Belgian weather ;-)
My job's quiet at the moment. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Had two friends from Belgium over last week and finally got the chance to see Rome with them. Had an unexpected visit from Norway as well, so parties and more parties. Tomorrow I have a Spanish delegation. It's so nice all these summer visits. Party pictures have been taken and will be posted soon, in the meantime, let's have a look at Roma, the capital of the world!
My job's quiet at the moment. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Had two friends from Belgium over last week and finally got the chance to see Rome with them. Had an unexpected visit from Norway as well, so parties and more parties. Tomorrow I have a Spanish delegation. It's so nice all these summer visits. Party pictures have been taken and will be posted soon, in the meantime, let's have a look at Roma, the capital of the world!
Well, where on earth do we start? Kind of hard to see Rome in one day! We walked our share of kilometers and ate our share of ice-cream, that's for sure!
Constantin's arch up close. Beautiful!
Amazing how they built this new(er) house on top of the old arches. This is not the only example I've seen in Rome. I guess pretty much of the city has old foundations like this.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home