Act 1, Scene 2. Enter: Springtime!
Yesterday as I was walking to the station I saw some little girls across the road bent over something on the sidewalk. I could hear screams like 'eeek' mixed with laughter and I didn't even need to hear the 'it's a catterpillar' to know what it was all about.
Spring has finally made its way to this corner of the planet. There is suddenly energy again in the air and even some wisps of sunshine! I have this strange feeling of waking up after hibernation, which is pretty bizar, considering all I've been doing these past months :-)
Feeling the breeze and listening to the birds through my open window I'm reminded that the nicest weather can brighten the gloomiest city neighbourhood. Just as, in fact, the nicest nature can shine through the gloomiest weather...
I can hardly wait for the swallows to return again and watch them circle stories in the sky!
Spring has finally made its way to this corner of the planet. There is suddenly energy again in the air and even some wisps of sunshine! I have this strange feeling of waking up after hibernation, which is pretty bizar, considering all I've been doing these past months :-)
Feeling the breeze and listening to the birds through my open window I'm reminded that the nicest weather can brighten the gloomiest city neighbourhood. Just as, in fact, the nicest nature can shine through the gloomiest weather...
I can hardly wait for the swallows to return again and watch them circle stories in the sky!

2 Comments:
"Listening to the birds through the open window"? "The swallows circling stories in the sky"???
I guess you're not in Ghent right now...
I was/am in Ghent actually. That is why I noticed the birds, it sounded a bit unusual ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home