11 Days
I realised today I have just 11 days left in Belgium. Only 11 Days! And so much to sort out still :-( At least the medical part is over, I got all the blood, heart, lung etc. analysis results and I'm healthy as a fish (ok, Dutch expression). I also went to the police station to get signed and stamped proof of my good behaviour and moral conduct. The only problem is... it's in Dutch. And I need it in English. I behave just as morally good in English as in Dutch but that doesn't seem to be enough. It also doesn't seem to be enough to translate or get the thing translated myself. No, I need to go to a translator approved by the federal court of justice. Police officer gave me some addresses and told me gravely that it would cost me some money. Also the 24 (!!!) passport photos (I hate getting those. Especially when they come in bulk.) I had to have taken cost me quite some money. Though the photographer (guy) gave me a 10 euro reduction and tried to lure me into having my portrait taken. He showed me a book with photographs he'd made as an example. Two pages of it were indeed portraits, the other 8 were nudes. (but honestly, he ís a good photographer). The portrait idea is actually not a bad one, I could give one to my grandparents as goodbye present for example. At least they put pictures of their (grand)children all over their house ;-) But then again... expensive (125 euros for a couple of printed pictures of yourself, come on!)... and time consuming... and a bit freaky too... I would never have thought of it myself!
I made a list of people I still want to see before I leave... the list is too long... There are more than 11 people on it... I hope I'll manage most of them! I had the first feeling of goodbye today too, after visiting my best friend from university (a five year friendship and counting!). Got to see his new house (nice!) and ride a tandem in the rain (also nice) and be reminded of what a great thing friendship is!
I made a list of people I still want to see before I leave... the list is too long... There are more than 11 people on it... I hope I'll manage most of them! I had the first feeling of goodbye today too, after visiting my best friend from university (a five year friendship and counting!). Got to see his new house (nice!) and ride a tandem in the rain (also nice) and be reminded of what a great thing friendship is!

1 Comments:
Hi Helena!
Did you figure out about my blof thing yet?!?
I read you last message on your weblog, and I felt really connected ( I mean, not to the poem, but ) to the part of leaving all your friends behind for such a long time.
I kind of think I know what you are feeling right now. And to be honest I felt the feeling of not being at home untill earlier this week. But I just realized yesterday and the day before, that Im starting to feel at home here. There is a wise saying by pumba (lionking..) Home is where your rump rests! And about true friends... They will leave messages at your blog!!! (dubble hint!!)
See you and we keep in touch,
Joeri
Post a Comment
<< Home