Oorlog
Oorlog is Dutch for war, and it's the title of a poem I wrote a couple of years ago around the time of the war in Irak. I'm afraid it's in Dutch, so for those of you who don't understand: go learn that language! (personally I think Dutch is one of the nicest sounding languages I've heard, and that was confirmed when a Nordic friend told me it sounded like Tolkien's Elfish!) Anyway, this poem is not supposed to sound nice. It's crude, like warfare.
De wolken zijn grijs
Of was het zwart?
En het water is rood
En de baby huilt
De sfeer, de wapens
We happen naar lucht
En de baby huilt
Er prikt iets in mijn oog
En in mijn draaiend hoofd
Overal lawaai
En de baby huilt
De kamer is klein
En donker
En we wachten
De baby huilt niet meer
Ze is dood

3 Comments:
hmm... You were right about the danish pageviews... I am the only person in Denmark that knows about my weblog I guess.. I do check my own web-log a lot huh.. BUT I DO CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR NUMBER OF PAGEVIEWS TOO GIRL!!!
And what is this about the poem 'oorlog'? You are posting this year-old poem because... You feel so happy you are going to start the rest of you life in Italy?!? Post something more cheery!!
I like it by the way.
See you around!
(and I've got a room!!!)
Joeri
This is probably the same word as "örlög" in Icelandic which means fate :)
Best,
Hjörtur
no. 'oorlog' in dutch means 'war'. so yes it is kind of related to 'fate'.
Post a Comment
<< Home