Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Snowy memories

Spring came and went, summer is here and I have left you all in the dark about my winter fun. Time to catch up!

Snowfun in Italy: teaching the Australians how to make a snowman. Coming from Belgium, with the limited snow to practice on in my youth, I was quite impressed myself :-)

I learned to ski this winter in Roccaraso, in the middle of the Abruzzo mountains. (note: white ski-clothes are not the best when you get lost)


End of Februari I got crazy being on an oil platform for too long and decided to either jump off the helideck, or fly to Utah for some rrrreal powder and amazing skiing... Which I did, via Rome, Zurich, Chicago and Salt Lake City. Feast for your eyes in Chicago O'Hare airport, where they have a light show in the walkway from one terminal to the other.

Plenty of resorts over there with 360 degrees of slopes all around. This is Brighton (if I remember well, I'm a little confused because we were skiing a different resort each day ;-) )

Look at the ski tracks on that mountainside, some of them are mine :-)

Met a moose in Park City. There was a real one living by the little river in the canyon up to Brighton, Alta and Solitude. (By the way, notice the bag from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory... I bought so much chocolate and fudge I'm still eating it!)

Pretty pink bench in Park City

My cowboy boots feeling at home again in the No Name Saloon, after 4 years of walking all over Europe. (note for next time: cowboy boots on icy surfaces = bad idea + real Americans laughing at you)

A glimpse up the hill off Main Street

In Solitude, where the view of the mountains from the outdoor hot tub was great =D

Park City and surroundings from the sky

And vintage F1 for sale in Zurich airport (which reminds me I need to start saving...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home